Friday, July 30, 2010

Weekend Adventure: Hannegan Peak

Friday's the new weekend, right? Well it worked out that way this week. Neil and I took advantage of a shared day off and BEAUTIFUL weather by going up to Hannegan Peak, a 10 mile round trip hike in the Mount Baker Wilderness Area. I'll let the pictures do the talking*:





* In case this picture doesn't say much to you at first, let me assure you that there is a black bear hiding in amongst the greenery - see if you can find his snout. This is as close to a bear as I've ever come; we noticed a big rustling in the plants right along the trail and expected to see a marmot or something. I couldn't see much, but as I looked over at Neil, his wide eyes said it all. A young bear, he was just as startled by us as we were by him. A really exciting sighting, particularly since a very reputable source (my mom) told me that the black bear is my spirit animal. I have to say, after years of thinking I might be a hummingbird, this feels like a much better fit.













1 comment: