Tuesday, November 17, 2009

hello out there

I've often said that I don't care much for my own writing - this isn't false modesty. My relationship with language is dysfunctional, or at least inconsistent. I struggle with the inadequacy of words to capture a moment or to convey a feeling, and I know there is no substitute for the sound of laughter, the weight of the air, or the powerful silent language that eyes speak. That said, I'm starting this blog because I also love to communicate, and I believe my best words are reserved for other people (even the unknown audience of cyberspace). I'm not sure if it will eventually have a theme or a focus - I'm in the midst of finding those for myself - and so for now I'll let it parallel my life as it will. Some writings from the past (my first posting is something I wrote while in India, an experience I'd like to channel more of), some from the present, and other people's words as well, I'm sure.

And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment